Sunday, May 18, 2008

feed me!

i promised, a couple of days ago to blog about my father's birthday.

yeah, i didnt make a huge deal out of it because i guess, it was just dinner after a long day of uni and then because everyone was so tired, it being a wednesday and all, everyone came home and did their own thing.

anyway, we had dinner at water front at crown.

i must say that their service impressed me.

there was this waiter, who was really nice.

i arrived on time (big kisses to zeke who was a complete and utter sweetheart who accompanied me over there even if it were just a 'family thing') and plonked my ass on at the bar, ordered a yummy lemon lime bitter , finish it, and get complimentary cocktails XD

sweet!

sorry, guys, i waited for half an hour for the family that i was so hungry that i didnt take any pictures of the food.

we started off with two dozen oysters (one dozen-bacon and cheese. the other one. i dont remember what it was) but whatever they were, i prefer my oysters naked, thank you very much.

innitially i was gonna order an argentinian rib eye but then caved in to get a lovely aged rib eye instead.

medium rare, of course

i think zeke influenced me because i used to order medium well and then after dating him and tasting the tantalizing taste of blood on my meat (okay, that doesnt sound too appealing) i started to order medium rare as well.

out it came and it was so delicious!

i mean, maybe its the meat and its not the best steak i've had but it was good. good.

the dessert - creme brulee - not so much.

a little overpriced, and a little too small..

and they took the chicken's way of making it (shallow dish, too much egg, didnt let it set for long enough) so it didnt taste good.

it basically just tasted like.. well, egg.

props for them for bringing a cake out to my dad (with the spark kida candle) and gave everyone a hoot when my dad tried to blow out the sparks.

anyway, maybe i'm being a little bias because their speciality is seafood but i caved and got steak but i didnt think that they impressed me that much.

the steak and the service, yes. but the oysters and the creme brulee, not so much.

three s*t*a*r rating from me, perhaps?

ugh. i'm hungry again. =.=

this time, i feel like eating the oysters at 100 mile cafe, a main course of rib eye steak at rockpool and then dessert at satsuki, creme brulee, of course. XD

i think working in restaurants is finally taking its toll

xoxo
you know you love me

[ l y n n d u l g e n c e p r o d u c t i o n s ]